Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-08-25 08:51:11

Friedrich

How to sort applications in application menu?

Hi,

i had this problem a few years ago but now i use the whisker menu and not the old classic application menu. Normally all applications are sorted by name. Since a few days (or weeks) all new menu entries are sorted at the end of the list. i have installed atril after i didnt use it for a while. now atril is sorted at the end of all office applications. there is no difference whether i have a desktop file in my user folder or not. the desktop file is completely the same as other applications. calibre is one of the applications that is sorted correctly. when i create a copy of the desktop file and change the name from 'calibre' to 'calibre new' the new entry is sorted at the end of the list.

what are the criteria for sorting the entries? its to the application name? there must be more?

#2 2021-08-26 01:59:13

ToZ
Administrator

Re: How to sort applications in application menu?

Does your version of the whisker menu have a "show menu hierarchy" option? If so and its enabled, try disabling it.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2021-08-26 09:35:41

Friedrich

Re: How to sort applications in application menu?

can't find something like this but list view solves the problem. so far i used tree view.

Board footer