Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-09-03 22:11:03

nPHYN1T3

Can't set theme on any XScreen other than 0.0 on 4.16

Launching xfce4-settings-manager on the desired XScreen and setting the appearance only changes on DISPLAY=:0.0.

Command line is also ineffective in that is works but only affects DISPLAY=:0.0.
DISPLAY=:0.1 xfconf-query -c xsettings -p /Net/ThemeName -s "Adwaita-dark" = changes the theme on 0.0 not 0.1.
DISPLAY=:0.2 xfconf-query -c xsettings -p /Net/ThemeName -s "Adwaita-dark" = changes the theme on 0.0 not 0.2.

(realized I reported this on ubuntu bugs and not here as well.)

I'd also be interested in if there is a way to force the default theme so the XScreens that aren't being decorated/themed can be forced to the correct theme. I tried symlinking the Adwaita theme to something that doesn't burn my eyes out and cheesing the naming in the xml but to no success.

Just as a side note setting the xfwm theme still works.

***Update Nov 2021
I recently switched to Garuda which has xfce4.16 built against adwaita-dark so all XScreens outside 0.0 can be tolerated but it would be best if this was simply fixed. I had also tried to simply build xfce myself to fix this but following the build guide doesn't work. There are also several things omitted from the build order.

Last edited by nPHYN1T3 (2021-11-15 08:58:34)

Board footer