Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-09-12 18:07:51

mint4all

Upgrade to xfce 4.16 from 4.14

Greetings!

After holding off upgrading my Mint 20.1 system(s) running xfce 4.14, and successfully testing Mint 20.2 running xfce 4.16, I recently upgraded to Mint 20.2 without any noticable Gtk3-related (read: visuals) problems. The only -- minor -- issues I have is the fact that my no-CSD settings are not honored across the board. It also takes some getting used to the absence of some of the menu bars, and that some (but not al) of the action buttons formerly posaitioned at the bottom of popups (i.e. "Save") have moved into the title bar ... But those are minor issues, really.

I am also very relieved that the appearance tweaks I made earlier via gtk.css carried intact over to xfce 4.16, and that the xfwm4-theme tweaks (i.e. rounded corners, gradients, 3px borders etc) still look the same. Way to go! A big KUDO to the devs ...

Cheers, m4a

Linux Mint 21.2 -- xfce 4.18 ... Apple iMAC -- Dell & HP Desktops and Laptops -- Family & Community Support

#2 2021-09-12 18:24:32

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Upgrade to xfce 4.16 from 4.14

mint4all wrote:

that my no-CSD settings are not honored across the board.

I'm curious. Can you provide some concrete examples? Do you have either gkt3-nocsd or libxfce4ui-nocsd installed?

that some (but not al) of the action buttons formerly posaitioned at the bottom of popups (i.e. "Save") have moved into the title bar

xfconf-query -c xsettings -p /Gtk/DialogsUseHeader -s false

...will move them back to the bottom in most instances.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer