Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-09-23 09:34:58

Myron

Exactly what does XFCE do when I enable and disable networking?

I accidentally turned off networking when I wanted to turn off Wi-Fi through the drop-down menu from the notification area. 

Question is, what does XFCE do in the background when networking is turned off and on and what CLI command can I use to re-enable (and disable) all networking if I accidentally disable networking when I sign in to root through the serial debug port?

#2 2021-09-23 11:26:18

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Exactly what does XFCE do when I enable and disable networking?

Myron wrote:

Question is, what does XFCE do in the background when networking is turned off and on

Xfce doesn't do anything in the background - it doesn't include a networking component in its code.

and what CLI command can I use to re-enable (and disable) all networking if I accidentally disable networking

This will depend on the networking component that your distro has provided.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2021-09-23 11:29:59

Myron

ToZ wrote:
Myron wrote:

Question is, what does XFCE do in the background when networking is turned off and on

Xfce doesn't do anything in the background - it doesn't include a networking component in its code.

and what CLI command can I use to re-enable (and disable) all networking if I accidentally disable networking

This will depend on the networking component that your distro has provided.

Ok. I was directed here by someone from the Armbian forum.  Below is what I clicked on by accident which fully disabled anything to do with networking without any warning of confirmation.  I guess the question then is what does clicking that option invoke.

1442330408_Screenshot2021-09-22091509.png.bcb5859a1b2ce00ffb42f3ef05b6f0fb.png

#4 2021-09-23 11:47:51

Clio

This is the task of the network manager. You can see which one is installed in the settings.

Board footer