Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-11-02 15:03:23

bendipa

Date missing from panel.

Today I noticed the date is not showing on the panel, whereas the clock is there. Of course all I need to do is hover my mouse over the clock and today's date is shown, but previously I'm sure the date was always on the panel. I also noticed that there is no entry for Date/Time in Settings Manager either, which seems odd as how would one then configure it? Neither was date showing as an  'add item' in Panel Preferences.

Anyway I found a solution by installing xfce4-datetime-plugin, and then adding DateTime to the panel, which is now shown as an entry in Panel Preferences. But I still feel something went astray before this.

Last edited by bendipa (2021-11-02 15:04:25)

#2 2021-11-02 17:00:41

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Date missing from panel.

With the clock, in it's properties dialog, you have the option to select from some choices (that include the date) or create your own custom date string. See https://docs.xfce.org/xfce/xfce4-panel/clock.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2021-11-02 18:57:30

bendipa

Re: Date missing from panel.

I removed Clock, then added it back, and now the date is showing again as was originally. I don't know why it was removed, but I can only think that one of the recent updates messed up my settings. I also noticed that my number of workspaces had been reduced from 2 to 1, but that was easily rectified.

Board footer