Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-11-20 22:27:51

bernd_b

krusader with other icons when started from desktop

After my recent arch linux update, I have a weird observation which I can really think to be valid:

I start krusader from the application menu (Accessories/Krusader) and I see Krusader using the oxygen icons according to the settings in kde-system-settings.

Now I drag and drop the application menu entry to the desktop. Starting Krusader from here with a double-click makes krusader use another icon theme, I guess it is breeze?

Now why should there be a difference at all when starting the application from the desktop-icon instead of its (mother-)entry in the application menu?

#2 2021-11-22 19:36:54

bernd_b

Re: krusader with other icons when started from desktop

Here is another observation:

I edited the launcher on my desktop, the command is

env QT_STYLE_OVERRIDE="oxygen" krusader

When I set the option "Run in terminal" krusader starts using with the wanted icon set.
When I uncheck this option, krusader starts but won't use oxygen icons.

#3 2021-11-22 23:21:41

ToZ
Administrator

Sounds like the xfdesktop launcher isn't processing the proper environment variable. Does this bug report look like what you are experiencing? There is a note there to try "X-XFCE-Commands" in the desktop file.

Interesting that this just started happening - there hasn't been anything updated recently in Arch related to this.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#4 2021-11-23 20:29:56

bernd_b

As far as I can see xfwm4 was updated recently to 4.16.1-3. I did a downgrade up to 4.14.6 but the behaviour described remains. Maybe another package was updated which I cannot identify as culprit?!

#5 2021-11-30 15:43:10

deanr

When I moved from KDE back to Xfce I also had issues with Krusader. I switched to Double-Commander (doublecmd-gtk) instead.

Out of the box it needs a little tweaking (I mean, even the font sizes aren't set up!) but now it looks like and functions the same as my Krusader did. Worth checking it out I'd say - especially as it doesn't need all the KDE dependencies. There's also an option to use custom icons in the settings so it's simple to switch these if you encounter the same problem (I've not had this issue with DC, btw).

Last edited by deanr (2021-11-30 15:44:55)

Board footer