Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-04-17 18:35:02

Soulprayer

Hello from the past

Hey,

I'm fortysomething and have been with Windows the last ~15 years.
With Win11 around the corner my decision for moving to Linux has been looming over me for at least a year.
As WINE, Proton and Lutris is now more stable than ever, I've taken the latest EndeavourOS release to switch to Linux.
And if any game doesn't work at all, I still have a Playstation to play on. wink

In my youth (haha, yeah, now I'm feeling old lol) I've experimented with many distributions, from Gentoo to *buntu and also setup a small out of date PC with IPCop for me and my family.
But that's long in the past, and I'm already learning to use Linux again.
At least I've fixed my printer problem with the (*chuckles* nowadays) great online documentation myself. lol
I just need some guidance for X again, that topic was always a bit hard for me to understand.

Greetings from Germany
Soulprayer

#2 2022-04-17 18:40:35

KBar

Re: Hello from the past

Hello!

X is still well alive, though the biggest desktop environments (i.e. GNOME and KDE) have already begun their joint collaboration on switching towards Wayland.

I know, another headache, another puzzle to solve, another piece to try to fit it. Linux is evolving, which is a great thing!

Remember to edit the subject of your topic to include the [SOLVED] tag once you're satisfied with the answers or have found a solution (in which case, don't forget to share it as well), so that other members of the community can quickly refer to it and save their time. Pretty please! tongue

#3 2022-04-17 18:50:03

Soulprayer

Re: Hello from the past

Yeah, give Wayland some more years to grow out of its teething problems, but at the moment I want to avoid it.
I've heard the support with gaming is not that great.

Board footer