Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-04-24 16:58:32

Dafou

The cursor icons go back to DMZ black over Brave browser

Hello.

I am using Linux Mint 20.3 XFCE4

This is happening to me when i open the Brave browser. I would like to use it but i am having this relatively minor problem. I have my mouse cursor icons customized just normally (in settings/mouse/themes....) with some i downloaded and with a size a bit bigger but when i open the Brave browser, the cursor changes to DMZ black and small size (or just normal). This happens only when i move the cursor over the window of brave. If i open another window and move the cursor over it or if i just move the cursor over the whisker menu it changes to my customized ones, but if i move it over Brave.....

I have checked all options in the settings of the browser and seen nothing. I have posted this problem in their forum and got no answers. I have deleted and reinstalled the browser and still the same.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

#2 2022-04-25 03:53:08

KBar

Re: The cursor icons go back to DMZ black over Brave browser

Hello and welcome to our community.

This seems like more of a GDK/X problem.

Is Brave installed as a snap on your system? Moreover, could you share the contents of ~/.config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css and Brave's config file? I don't know if it's conformant to XDG basedir specs, but check ~/.config/brave or ~/.local/share/brave.

Someone on the Arch forums posted a similar thread 10 years ago. Have a look: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=131065

Remember to edit the subject of your topic to include the [SOLVED] tag once you're satisfied with the answers or have found a solution (in which case, don't forget to share it as well), so that other members of the community can quickly refer to it and save their time. Pretty please! tongue

Board footer