Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-06-23 11:36:41

ka_

[SOLVED] xfce4-appfinder - Custom Action only in Collapsed mode

Hello together,

I use the xfce4-appfinder not much, but the last day I have take look and try something to play with.

The thing is that i really like the view of show the applications and search-bar and type in some command.
But I have notice that the "Custom Actions" only working in the collapsed mode.

Is that a bug or is that a purpose use case for the appfinder?

custom actions don't work:
xfce4-appfinder
custom actions work:
xfce4-appfinder -c

greetings _ka_

Edit: Testing on OpenSuse Tumbleweed with XFCE 4.16 - Xfce4-appfinder ver.: 4.16.1

Last edited by ka_ (2022-07-05 10:44:06)

OS: Tumbleweed - Desktop : XFCE - PC: Lenovo e14 - AMD-Ryzen 5500U - Vega7 - 16GB Ram

#2 2022-06-23 11:57:31

KBar

Re: [SOLVED] xfce4-appfinder - Custom Action only in Collapsed mode

Hello.

I believe it's done on purpose. Otherwise it would interfere with what you're trying to pick from hundreds of apps.

By default, Alt+F2 and Alt+F3 are bound to collapsed and normal mode, respectively. So you have to pick one: if you want to use custom actions, use the collapsed one.

Remember to edit the subject of your topic to include the [SOLVED] tag once you're satisfied with the answers or have found a solution (in which case, don't forget to share it as well), so that other members of the community can quickly refer to it and save their time. Pretty please! tongue

#3 2022-06-23 12:08:23

ka_

KBar wrote:

Hello.

I believe it's done on purpose. Otherwise it would interfere with what you're trying to pick from hundreds of apps.

By default, Alt+F2 and Alt+F3 are bound to collapsed and normal mode, respectively. So you have to pick one: if you want to use custom actions, use the collapsed one.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Ok, if I'm think about it that will make sense to split it in collapsed mode -> Run application and in normal mode -> search in Apps/Menu.

Than is all clear for me and this Topic is [SOLVED] for me. smile

I know that is the wrong Topic but congrats KBar to be Moderator on the Forum. big_smile

OS: Tumbleweed - Desktop : XFCE - PC: Lenovo e14 - AMD-Ryzen 5500U - Vega7 - 16GB Ram

#4 2022-06-23 12:23:29

KBar

Thanks.

By the way, Whisker Menu is far superior, in my opinion. It allows both in its search bar: no need for two separate modes. Plus, it looks gorgeous if you theme it right.

Remember to edit the subject of your topic to include the [SOLVED] tag once you're satisfied with the answers or have found a solution (in which case, don't forget to share it as well), so that other members of the community can quickly refer to it and save their time. Pretty please! tongue

Board footer