Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-08-15 17:17:22

andrewbondar

[SOLVED] Thunar showing full path in title after upgrade

Hello!

Today I updated Xubuntu to the current version - 22.04.1 (before that it was 20.04.4) and noticed that the working environment does not work correctly:
2022-08-15-20-05-33.jpg
1. The panel does not display the name of the folder (directory) opened in Thunar, but the path to it.
2. Previously, in Xubuntu 20.04.4, it was the name of the directory that was displayed, not the path.
Can you tell me how to fix this?

Last edited by KBar (2022-08-16 05:21:11)

#2 2022-08-15 17:30:12

KBar

Re: [SOLVED] Thunar showing full path in title after upgrade

Hello and welcome.

It has to do with your Thunar preferences. Open a new terminal window and run the following command:

xfconf-query --channel thunar --create --property /misc-full-path-in-title --type bool --set false

Reopen your Thunar instances.

Remember to edit the subject of your topic to include the [SOLVED] tag once you're satisfied with the answers or have found a solution (in which case, don't forget to share it as well), so that other members of the community can quickly refer to it and save their time. Pretty please! tongue

#3 2022-08-15 17:49:48

andrewbondar

Thanks for the quick response!

I tried - it helped. Thanks again! (To tell the truth, I spent several hours reviewing the OS settings after the update and thought that I would no longer solve the problem.)

Is there any guide to the Xfce Environment that covers the most common crashes after OS / DE upgrade? I'd love to look into it so as not to distract more experienced members of the community. (Unfortunately, I can't find such a manual myself.)

#4 2022-08-15 23:10:48

ToZ
Administrator

andrewbondar wrote:

Is there any guide to the Xfce Environment that covers the most common crashes after OS / DE upgrade?

I would say that the best place to search is the issues lists] for each of the product categories. For example:

Or maybe some distro-specific bug trackers (Ubuntu launchpad (search on xubuntu))

I'd love to look into it so as not to distract more experienced members of the community. (Unfortunately, I can't find such a manual myself.)

No need to worry about distracting us - we're here to help.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#5 2022-08-16 04:26:01

andrewbondar

Thanks for the tips, links to guides!
I will study everything carefully.

Board footer