Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-11-15 13:56:11

stroudmw

show mp3 tags in Thunar?

I do a lot of radio work, and use Void Linux XFCE 4.16 with Thunar 4.16.11 (having enabled the List View) as my daily driver.

One of the things I need to see-at-a-glance is the duration of a song (mp3 file). If I'm looking at an album, I can see what song will fit in the time I have available before I need to play an advert, jump to news, finish up my show, etc. I can do this by installing KDE's Dolphin File Manager, but it needs the baloo file indexer running and that can slow my system to a c-r-a-w-l! I have also done this quite easily using Windows 10, but I am not a fan of Windows (or KDE) and have removed it from my laptop.

There must be a way of doing this, but I haven't found it yet! I do *not* want to have to right-click and check the properties (which doesn't appear to work anyway). I would like to see the file duration in the column list-view, and to be able to select the next song accordingly. The information I require is all contained in the mp3 tag... I just need to have Thunar read and show it.

My question is: can this be done? And, if so, how?
Thanks!

Last edited by stroudmw (2022-11-15 19:05:42)

#2 2022-11-15 23:20:29

ToZ
Administrator

Re: show mp3 tags in Thunar?

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2022-11-16 11:12:01

stroudmw

Re: show mp3 tags in Thunar?

Thanks for letting me know.

Board footer