Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-12-28 08:12:08

Yosoyesa

Thunar window size extremely wide

Hi there, I'm testing the new Thunar 4.18 in Sparky "Semi-rolling" (based in Debian-testing).

I always use small Thunar windows with just name and size columns and list view. When Thunar was updated a few days ago in my testing Sparky system a very weird behaviour appeared: every time I open a Thunar window it is wider and wider... wider than my screen! If I make it smaller, the next times I open any Thunar window it is wider and wider again.

I tested Thunar 4.18 in PCLinuxOS in a different computer just to check it and this weird behaviour appeared as well.

Am I doing something wrong? Is it a new bug? Is there a way to fix it?

Last edited by Yosoyesa (2022-12-28 18:02:12)

#2 2022-12-29 03:18:53

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Thunar window size extremely wide

This is a know bug and a fix will be released with the next version of Thunar shortly.

Edit: fixed my brain freeze response and weird auto-correct from my phone.

Last edited by ToZ (2022-12-29 14:11:18)

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2022-12-29 03:42:30

agashamu

Hey ToZ!
We know how you answer questions. Sitting on a couch, watching TV, etc. But did you increase the amount of wine you are drinking? (check your spelling)
Of course, it's party-time and I'm just kidding...
Have a very Happy New Year!!!

Linux Mint Xfce 21.1

#4 2022-12-31 02:36:11

Cencar

When manjaro updated thunar to 4.18.0. the bug of not been able to resize the window was reported. However, using shorcut keys ctrl + R click you could resize the windw.
Now update thunar 18.18.1, still has the same bug now the shortcut keys no longer work.

#5 2022-12-31 11:54:36

ToZ
Administrator

Cencar wrote:

When manjaro updated thunar to 4.18.0. the bug of not been able to resize the window was reported.

Are you unable to resize the window at all? Even by dragging the borders? Do you haive a link to this bug report?

However, using shorcut keys ctrl + R click you could resize the windw.

What does Manjaro map Ctrl+r to? This isn't a standard keymapping in Xfce.

Now update thunar 18.18.1, still has the same bug now the shortcut keys no longer work.

The bug that was reported and fixed was that thunar would start with a wider size than expected. This was due to the toolbar being created and displayed at the wrong time and stretching out the window. This might be a different bug.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer