Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-04-15 14:34:09

callmejoe

[solved] saved sessions behavior

i posted something about 2 years ago on this but couldn't get it resolved so trying again.

shouldn't i be able to save multiple desktop sessions?  when i click save current session it seems to just override the one default session name. 

anyone here able to get it to save more than one session? and then actually choose a desktop from the session chooser?

Last edited by callmejoe (2023-04-16 13:35:20)

#2 2023-04-16 01:14:30

ToZ
Administrator

Re: [solved] saved sessions behavior

You need to first enable "Display chooser on login" in Settings Manager > Session and Startup > General tab.

Then you need to save the current session on the "Current Session" tab.

Then when you log out and back in again, you will be prompted which session to use (the first time you will only see the one "Default" session), but you will have the opportunity to create a new session by clicking on the "+".

Once you've created another session, it will then be added to the chooser dialog for subsequent logins.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2023-04-16 13:35:09

callmejoe

Re: [solved] saved sessions behavior

that did it. thanks.

[edit] one thing to add. i noticed that my sessions were still being saved even though i had the proper options unchecked in Session and Startup and in the LogOut Dialog box.

But i usually reboot from terminal using xfce4-session-logout -r.  Adding the -f flag forces it not to save the session.  Never thought that the GUI options would be separate from the cli options.  I guess no common config file?

Last edited by callmejoe (2023-04-17 16:39:52)

Board footer