Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-05-02 09:50:07

eja

How to design panel plugins without certain CSS IDs?

Hello all! I'm new to XFCE so I'm not sure if I'm missing something or this just isn't possible.

For example I got the Power management panel plugin, Whisker menu, SnTray, etc. and all of these usually have a CSS ID that I can use to override the styles in /home/me/.config/gtk-3.0

I now installed another plugin, wckmenu (header & title in panel) but it doesn't seem to have any CSS IDs or classes that I can use to change the properties?

I use GTK_DEBUG=interactive to run the debugger, and what I can find are these:

Under CSS Selectors:
`widget(wckbuttons-11):dir-ltr`

Under Objects - Name column, I see:
`wckbuttons-11`

and
`XfceWckButtonsPlugin`

So, which one of these "identifiers" can be used in CSS, and how? How can I infer an ID or classname in general from the GTK debugger?

I've tried randomly to piece up some IDs, classnames, etc. even tried targeting with the CSS attribute, like so: "[name='the-element-name']" but couldn't make it work.

Last edited by eja (2023-05-02 09:51:55)

#2 2023-05-02 12:22:54

ToZ
Administrator

Re: How to design panel plugins without certain CSS IDs?

eja wrote:

I now installed another plugin, wckmenu (header & title in panel)

Are you referring to the windowck plugin? If so, what version?

I use GTK_DEBUG=interactive to run the debugger, and what I can find are these:

Under CSS Selectors:
`widget(wckbuttons-11):dir-ltr`

Under Objects - Name column, I see:
`wckbuttons-11`

and
`XfceWckButtonsPlugin`

Look in the "CSS Nodes" section. You can use any of the identifiers under the ID column by prefixing them with a '#', or any in the "style classes" section prefixed with a '.' Items in the "Name" column might be useable as well, and if so, you would just use the name that is presented there (this tends to work with GTK widgets only).

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer