Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-08-23 09:36:05

k-3.14

[SOLVED]Font size issue, when starting a video/music file by mouse.

Debian 11 here.

When mouse clicking a video or music fie the font size of the program (here VLC or kaffeine) is microscopic small, if I start vlc or kaffeine and load those files, no issue with font sizes.

With other programs, I use, I could come around the small font size issue of that application by creating a starter script like that

#!/bin/bash

QT_FONT_DPI=168 ./avidemux_2.8.1.appImage

and start it.

Tried to modify in SETTINGS > DEFAULT APPLICATIONS > OTHERS the MIME type video/mp4 by using a custom command by adding a QT_FONT_DPI=xxx, but that does not work. It generates an entry in ~/.config/mimeapps.list, but still the small font size ....

Regards - KH

Last edited by k-3.14 (2023-08-23 18:37:26)

#2 2023-08-23 12:50:07

ToZ
Administrator

Re: [SOLVED]Font size issue, when starting a video/music file by mouse.

What if you created a system-wide QT_FONT_DPI variable? That way you wouldn't have to need to specify it as it would always be active. In debian, I believe you would create the value in /etc/environment.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2023-08-23 18:41:06

k-3.14

Re: [SOLVED]Font size issue, when starting a video/music file by mouse.

Thank you for your suggestion but in the meantime I think, maybe in the years on Debian 11 I messed things up here a bit and it is time to make a fresh installation with Debian 12.

Made a test with Debian 12 live and there things seems to be fine. Don't see the small fonts in VLC.

Regards KH

Board footer