Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-02-09 22:27:15

stuv_2070

Invisible window blocks Qt application buttons

Hello xfce friends,

first of all i want to say thank you for providing such an old school desktop environment, i really enjoy to setup my desktop like xfce let me do it.

I work on a software that is using Qt for it's GUI and when i run the application i get a strange invisible window that overlays some of the buttons of the application. I tried with xprop to look which application it is and i get the name of the application i'm working on but my college thinks it's a problem with the window manager because the windows and mac versions of the software does not show this bug.

Here a screenshot of my desktop, on the upper left side you see the application that has the invisible window overlaying the application:

https://i2.paste.pics/485d33a10e9b7ed2e … N78XuCfG0i

Is there a way i can activate some kind of debug rectangle around each window with the window manager settings so i can find out if it's a problem with xfce of with the application ?

best regards,
stuv!

#2 2024-02-09 22:36:12

eriefisher

Re: Invisible window blocks Qt application buttons

This is likely a theme issue with the GTK theme not rendering in qt applications. Here are a few ideas.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Unifor … plications

Siduction
Debian Sid
Xfce 4.18

#3 2024-02-09 22:43:24

stuv_2070

Re: Invisible window blocks Qt application buttons

When i move the application to another monitor and use xprop to check the part where the rectangle is it tells me it's part of the application i'm working on, the part in the upper left where the invisible window the application that uses that space is not responsible at the region where the invisible window is (after i've moved the application to another monitor and select it) so i think it's not a xfce problem, it has to do something with the qtcreator or our application.

but thanks for the fast response, i'll go to the Qt forum and ask around there what i can do about it.

Board footer