Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-03-08 13:29:30

cupora

Feature request for xfce4-xkb-plugin? -> Flags for Layout Variants

Hello everybody,

I tried to google how to propose new features to xfce4-xkb-plugin, but could not find any answer. Anybody could help me on this?

To be more specific on my request, it is about the flag icons for xkb layout variants. I'm using two layouts on my PC, the "plane" German layout ('de') as well as German layout for US keyboard ('de' with variant 'us'). In xfce4-xkb-plugin, the same flag is used for both layouts. Even though there is a dot on one of them, I do not find it to be convenient for me. Could it be possible to define an extra flag for the US variant of German layout? Personally, I would be ok with a US flag here. But finally, it is about having an option to get an extra flag icon for a 'specific' layout, like 'de-us.svg' would define the layout variant icon/flag.

#2 2024-03-08 15:14:40

Tamaranch

Re: Feature request for xfce4-xkb-plugin? -> Flags for Layout Variants

This feature request already seems to exist: https://gitlab.xfce.org/panel-plugins/x … /issues/31

#3 2024-03-20 06:23:10

cupora

Thank you! It seems to be the same topic whereas the solution proposed there is IMO not the best.

Just for future feature requests, is XFCE GIT issues thread the official way to post feature requests?

#4 2024-03-20 09:57:45

ToZ
Administrator

cupora wrote:

Just for future feature requests, is XFCE GIT issues thread the official way to post feature requests?

Yes it is.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer