Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-03-20 02:37:07

deleted_0424

Question about flags in keyboard layouts

Dear XFCE Community,

Nice to meet you all, fellow XFCE users!

I wanted to suggest this for some time already, as there is no New Zealand flag when I choose the New Zealand layout for my keyboard, but it only says NZ. The language is English (New Zealand). Same goes for English(Australia) and English (South Africa). However, good to see that there are US and UK flags.

Is there a way to somehow suggest adding their flags to the developers of XFCE? This is a cosmetic improvement, so it's not urgent, but I would like to see it in the near future, and probably many users from New Zealand, Australia, etc.

Edit: As I am new on this forum, if this fits into some other topic, feel free to transfer it.

Best regards and thank you,
Leeroy

Last edited by deleted_0424 (2024-03-20 02:38:54)

#2 2024-03-20 09:56:19

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Question about flags in keyboard layouts

leeroy_jenkins wrote:

Is there a way to somehow suggest adding their flags to the developers of XFCE? This is a cosmetic improvement, so it's not urgent, but I would like to see it in the near future, and probably many users from New Zealand, Australia, etc.

You can place requests here.

Although its distro-dependent, you will probably find all of the flags located at /usr/share/xfce4/xkb/flags. You can add to these graphic files and they will show up in the plugin. Simply create an "nz.svg" flag file and drop it in there and it will show up on the plugin.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer