Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-07-18 18:44:52

tunsoffun

Removal of Xorg DDX Intel video driver - SOLVED

I use Xfce4 4.18 with GTK version 3.24.42 and Kernel version 6.6.40_1 in the musl version of Void Linux.

This OS and DE are installed on two different Intel NUC systems that employ Intel IRIS graphics subsystems. Both systems are used via hdmi connections to the same monitor, which is switched back-and-forth between systems using front panel buttons on the monitor.

The Xorg DDX Intel video driver was removed during a system upgrade a couple of nights ago. Both systems continued to operate normally with one small exception. Now, when I switch the monitor between systems the monitor fails to detect the desktop video signal. If I leave both systems logged out, the monitor successfully "sees" both systems' login screens. Both computers can be "recovered" from condition by switching each of them to a TTY, logging in, and using "killall -u username" to log them out.

Could anyone suggest why this would be?

TLDR: one monitor used with two computers -- monitor used to see both desktops -- removal of video driver results in monitor being able to detect both computer's login screens -- but, if computers are both logged into desktop, then switching monitor between computers results in black screens

Last edited by tunsoffun (2024-07-18 21:38:37)

My most successful patches have been applied to the knees of bluejeans.

#2 2024-07-18 21:39:03

tunsoffun

Re: Removal of Xorg DDX Intel video driver - SOLVED

Upgrade in Wayland today fixed the issue. Sorry for the noise!

My most successful patches have been applied to the knees of bluejeans.

Board footer