Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-08-28 09:52:27

k-3.14

Issue when trying to post in this forum

I personally don't have such an issue, but I advised a new user of the German Debian forum, who reported a problem with Xfce to ask here for advice.

It is this thread https://debianforum.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=190361 and there seems to be a problem for this user to post.

He wrote

ps./OT:
Mit dem XFCE-Forum komme ich nicht so recht weiter - ist für mich also keine Option. Setze ich dort eine Nachricht ab, kommt jedes Mal dieser Fehler:
"
Bad HTTP_REFERER. You were referred to this page from an unauthorized source. If the problem persists please make sure that 'Base URL' is correctly set in Admin/Options and that you are visiting the forum by navigating to that URL. More information regarding the referrer check can be found in the FluxBB documentation.

He wrote 'Every time I try to post a message, I get this  .....'

He is using the "LibreWolf" browser.

Is that a known problem?

Best regards - KH

Last edited by k-3.14 (2024-08-28 09:54:34)

#2 2024-08-28 14:38:10

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Issue when trying to post in this forum

Hmmm - BASE_Url is properly set. Can you ask them to try another browser? Or if they have any add-ons or extensions in LibreOffice, to try disabling them. (NoScript might cause this).

Another option might be to set:

network.http.referer.trimmingPolicy = 0

...if its set to another value.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2024-08-28 15:54:40

k-3.14

Re: Issue when trying to post in this forum

Thank you ToZ, I'll pass this over to that user.

Regards - KH

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer