Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-09-22 12:23:01

twillier

Change what EXIF data is shown

Good...whatever part of day it is when you're reading this!

I am trying to see if there is a way to modify what EXIF data is displayed in the Properties section when you right-click on an image and select Properties>Image. It displays information such as Date Taken, Camera Brand, Exposure Time, etc. Is there a way to add or remove what is shown? For example, I do not need to know the Metering Mode used or whether or not the Flash Fired, but I would like to see if there is GPS data, among others. I know that Thunar does not show GPS data in this window, I have check on several photos that I know have it and it is not shown.

I know I could do this with exiftools in terminal, or use another program, but it would be much easier to be able to check any file without having to go to another program.

Thanks a lot!

#2 2024-09-22 20:16:11

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Change what EXIF data is shown

Hello and welcome.

Here is an example of using yad and exiftools to adjust image properties. Tweak as required. You can create a thunar custom action to bring up this dialog when you click on a file in Thunar.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer