Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 Yesterday 05:46:50

gour
Website
LinuxFirefox 131.0

display configuration for laptop & docking station

Hello!

Recently, I bought a new Tuxedo laptop along with the docking station, so I can use an external keyboard + monitor with it.

However, I have problem configuring the system to properly handle external display…

My laptop has a built-in screen with 2560x1600 (16:10)@240Hz, while with the external monitor connected via HDMI cable I can get 1920x1080(16:9)@60Hz.

When my system (openSUSE Tumbleweed) boots, I enter login credentials using the opened laptop's lid, but then I close it down since usually, I need one/external display only.

This setup does work with GNOME DE which I abandoned. It also does work with the latest (6.2.1) KDE Plasma…the problem is that I can't get the desired behaviour with Xfce, since as soon as I close the laptop's lid, the external display also goes blank, iow. into sleep-mode.

I do not need anything fancy and with e.g. KDE/GNOME, when the laptop's lid is opened, the status bar and/or panels are visible on both screens.

I have tried to play with “Advanced” configuration and profiles, but did not succeed.

Do you have any hint how to solve it, so I can go back to Xfce?

Last edited by gour (Yesterday 19:36:29)

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer