Xfce Forum

Sub domains
 

You are not logged in.

#1 2026-09-03 17:45:16

drawson1
Member
Registered: 2018-12-01
Posts: 4
LinuxFirefox 140.0

Add snapd application to Status tray???

I have an application running as a snap (nordpass).  I just upgraded OpenSUSE from Leap 15.6 to Leap 16.0; this means that XFCE is v4.20, and the distro version of the panel package shows as 4.20.5-bp160.1.1.

When I "close" nordpass from the window controls, the process is still running (as it should be ...) but there's no icon in the Status tray.  Previously, closing from the window controls meant that the process was still running, and the icon showed in the status tray.  In addition, nordpass is NOT in the "Known-items" list for either the "Systray Icons" or the "Status Notifiers" in the Status Tray panel plugin.

How can I get this to show up again in my Status Tray?

Thanks!

Dan

Added later 17 h 45 min 58 s:

Additional info - running the panel in debug mode does produce ONE error:

xfce4-panel(systray): rgba visual is 0x563bd59cab60
xfce4-panel(systray): registered manager on screen 0
xfce4-panel(systray): ../plugins/systray/sn-item.c:699: Fatal error for item '(null)': (domain 'g-dbus-error-quark', code 0) GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Failed: error occurred in GetAll

but I'm not sure if this is related to my missing icon

Last edited by drawson1 (2026-09-04 11:31:40)

Offline

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB
Modified by Visman

[ Generated in 0.014 seconds, 7 queries executed - Memory usage: 542.66 KiB (Peak: 554.17 KiB) ]