Xfce Forum

Sub domains
 

You are not logged in.

#1 2026-09-18 17:11:49

davidsousarj
Member
Registered: 2026-09-18
Posts: 2
LinuxChrome 153.0

Thunar opens automatically two windows at login

Hi, I am using Linux Mint 22.3 XFCE and Thunar is openning automatically two windows with different directories at login. It has been happening for a few weeks and it is very annoying. I don't remember setting that up (I don't even know how to to that) and I don't know how to undo it. I checked other forum entries and I have done everything is suggested there: checking autostart entries, deleting session cache disabling the save session option in Thunar, but nothing works. Could someone help me to fix that?

Offline

#2 2026-09-18 18:04:51

eriefisher
Wanderer
From: ON, Canada
Registered: 2008-10-25
Posts: 1,026
Website
LinuxFirefox 156.0

Re: Thunar opens automatically two windows at login

You likely have Thunar autostarting for some reason. Go to autostart applications in the settings, if thunar is on the list uncheck it. You can also go to /home/username/.config/autostart. If there is a thunar file just remove it.
Another possibility is that you running off a saved session. Check that your not automatically saving sessions and remove old sessions.


But it's all right, when you're all in pain and you feel the rain come down
It's alright, when you find your way, then you see it disappear
It's alright....
Chris Cornell

Online

#3 2026-09-21 15:18:23

davidsousarj
Member
Registered: 2026-09-18
Posts: 2
LinuxChrome 153.0

Re: Thunar opens automatically two windows at login

I had already cleanned the directory ~/.cache/sessions/ but it keep starting with those Thunar windows. Now, I went to the "saved sessions" tab and deleted the one session that was there. It seems the problem now is fixed. Thank you

Offline

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB
Modified by Visman

[ Generated in 0.014 seconds, 8 queries executed - Memory usage: 525.68 KiB (Peak: 526.3 KiB) ]