Xfce Forum

Sub domains
 

You are not logged in.

#1 2026-10-02 21:20:12

organicode
Member
Registered: 2026-04-01
Posts: 36
LinuxFirefox 140.0

Thunar closes abruptly after about 20 rename/delete operations

As title states, Thunar randomly shuts down after say 20 renames or deletions, and this issue spans multiple versions of Thunar in different distros and different hardware, what I will confirm is that it is happening in version 4.18.8 and the latest version for the (debian ubuntu based) distro version.

I searched these forums, also searched the Thunar "issue board" over at gitlab.xfce.org with no luck, this has been happening for years, I have decided to finally say something because I recently installed Thunar on the new (Debian) setup and its happening again.

EDIT: it just aborted when switching tabs.

Last edited by organicode (2026-10-03 19:01:54)


No LLM was used in the production of this post

Privacy is a human right... I use Tor Browser in Safest Mode to block js, and dragged NoScript addon back into the toolbar to enable js on worthy sites. I add uBlock so it matches Tails' fingerprint.

Offline

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB
Modified by Visman

[ Generated in 0.007 seconds, 7 queries executed - Memory usage: 540.07 KiB (Peak: 554.04 KiB) ]