Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-02-07 15:54:55

newbieneedshelps

Panel Missing on Some Users

Mysteriously, the panel where you select apps, see graphs, and all of that is missing from the bottom where it ususally is (it's gone completely). When I right click and go to Settings->Panel Manager to readd it, nothing happens.

This is occuring on 2 of the three user accounts on the machine. The third account... the panel is still working normally. What gives?

On one of the non-working panel desktops, I get the following error when it's starting up:
error occurred while loading or saving configuration information for evolution-alarm-notify. Some of your configuration settings may not work properly.
Adding client to server's list failed, CORBA error: IDL:omg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0
Adding client to server's list failed, CORBA error: IDL:omg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0

But I dunno if that was occuring before the panel disappeared or not.
There was about a month lag from when it disappared on the first account and when the panel disappeared on the second account. Any idea how I can get it back?

#2 2007-02-07 19:19:27

justakiwi

Re: Panel Missing on Some Users

Check out my thread here:

http://forum.xfce.org/index.php?topic=3120.0

Did you by any chance also install the weather plugin recently?

Board footer