#1 2007-02-24 06:55:43

eibwen

Stock Icons

I've installed the following themes (via apt-get):

• gnome-icon-theme

• hicolor-icon-theme

• tango-icon-theme

• xfce4-icon-theme

I've selected "GNOME" as my icon theme, but unfortunately XFCE isn't using the stock icons.  It seems that Gtk has depreciated iconrc and iconrc-png in favor of index.theme; however it seems that XFCE does not honor the index.theme and ONLY looks for iconrc and/or iconrc-png ???

Google Cache of XFCE FAQ wrote:

14. How do I use the stock icons of the xfce4-icon-theme package?

xfce4-icon-theme provides a $datadir/icons/Rodent/iconrc file (for SVG icons) and a $datadir/icons/Rodent/iconrc-png file (for PNG icons, if you don't want to use SVG, or don't have support for this format). If you want to use the Gtk stock icons provided with the xfce4-icon-theme, add the following line to your $datadir/themes/favorite_theme/gtk-2.0/gtkrc file:

include "path/to/iconrc"

then select your favorite theme.

The gnome-icon-theme package does NOT ship with iconrc or iconrc-png.  I tried copying the Rodent iconrc-png (gnome-icon-theme doesn't have many scalable stock icons) and changing the path.  I've tried `gtk-update-icon-cache` for all available themes.

I can't seem to figure out how to get the stock icons to work...

An additional consideration is the possibility that I may be using 12x12 icons -- although I have no idea how I might check this.  If this can be determined then I can make a tiny-gnome theme:

mkdir -p /usr/share/icon/tiny-gnome/
cp -r /usr/share/icon/gnome/16x16 /usr/share/icon/tiny-gnome/12x12
find /usr/share/icon/tiny-gnome/12x12 -type f -exec convert {} -resize 12x12 {} \;

And then it would just be a matter of creating an index.theme or iconrc or iconrc-png -- which I still don't know how to do...

TIA!

#2 2009-05-21 23:02:51

Joe

Re: Stock Icons

I notice the same problem. I have created an iconrc file for the gnome icons set.

See http://joekuan.wordpress.com/2009/05/21 … ome-icons/

#3 2009-10-20 14:03:07

kleider

Re: Stock Icons

I was having the same problem! Thx for the link!

Board footer