Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-03-10 11:52:40

dysar

Strange menu bar problem

Hi, new meber here.
I have recently made the switch to xfce, and am loving it. However i have been having some trouble sovling this quirky issue: the menu bar for all gtk applications is shown detached at the top left of the screen. I have re-compiled all xfce packages twice and deleted ~/.cache to no avail.
Has anyone come across this before? I have been searching the web for a while and have found nothing related.
Please help this has been bugging me for the last week!
Oh yeah running gentoo, xfce4.4 & xorg 7.2  see screenshot for better description ->
screenshotsg5.th.png

#2 2007-03-10 15:52:34

huysmans
Website

Re: Strange menu bar problem

Hehe, you can't imagine how many people have complained about this not being possible in GTK ;-)

Anyway, this is definitely not normal GTK behaviour. I believe there are unofficial patches to do this, so I can only guess that you unknowingly chose the option for the Gentoo build to use these patches.

Jasper

#3 2007-03-10 15:59:41

TomE

huysmans wrote:

Hehe, you can't imagine how many people have complained about this not being possible in GTK ;-)

Anyway, this is definitely not normal GTK behaviour. I believe there are unofficial patches to do this, so I can only guess that you unknowingly chose the option for the Gentoo build to use these patches.

Yep looks like Mac Menubar for GNOME and Xfce
See if you gtk2-aqd or gtk2-aquila_deus remove it and install normal gtk2

#4 2007-03-10 23:04:56

dysar

It seems that I only have the unpatched version of gtk. I also searched for xfce-macmenu, which is available but not installed.
I'll try the gentoo forums to see if this maybe gentoo specific.
Thanks for steering me in the right direction.

Board footer