Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-08-25 13:43:12

caermundh

[SOLVED] XFCE4 Volstatus Icon

Sorry if im posting this in the wrong forum or even the wrong message boards (i couldnt seem to find a message board for the goodies project). im trying to install the Volstatus Icon from the xfce goodies project, and im having problems. I do the ./configure and everything seems to go fine, but when i issue the make command it exits with an error code, something like:

"/usr/lib/libhal-storage.la: no such file or directory"

Im pretty sure im getting this error because i dont have all the required libraries installed. Of course im a bit of a newbie to Linux so the list posted on the website is like greek to me. Here's the list:

gtk 2.10.0 - I have this one installed already.
libxfce4util 4.4.0 - i think this one is libxfce4util4 right?
libxfcegui4 4.4.0 - i think this one is libxfcegui4 right?
dbus-glib 0.70 - is this on libdbus-glib-1-dev?
hal-storage 0.5.7.1 - is this hal-storage1?
exo-hal 0.3.2 (compiled with HAL support) - I have no clue what this library is or where to get it, and what does "compiled with HAL support" mean?
a running system tray (e.g., systray plugin in xfce4-panel) - does this mean i just have to have a system tray running on a panel somewhere? or do i have to download some other plugin first?

#2 2007-08-26 00:43:27

caermundh

Re: [SOLVED] XFCE4 Volstatus Icon

ok, after doing some checking, im now convinced that my libraries are in order, which makes me wonder just what exactly the problem is.

why would i be missing this /usr/lib/libhal-storage.la file? and how do i fix it?

#3 2007-08-26 12:59:24

caermundh

Re: [SOLVED] XFCE4 Volstatus Icon

found the solution. I did a fresh install of Ubuntu and did "sudo apt-get install libexo-0.3-dev" before i ran the gui installer to install xfce4.4.1, after Xfce was reinstalled, the make ran with no problems.

Board footer