Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-11-27 00:30:30

fredbird67

Only 3 themes working -- how do I get the rest to work?

Hopefully someone who's an Xfce expert can help me with this one.

On my computer, I'm running PCLinuxOS, which uses KDE for its default desktop.  However, about 2 months ago, I downloaded the Xfce desktop for whenever I'm in the mood for it (I like both KDE and Xfce really well, but I've never really cared for GNOME).  It works pretty well, and VERY FAST!

However, there's one thing about Xfce on my PCLinuxOS box that's pretty annoying:  The only themes I can get to display are the "Clearlooks" ones.  I also copied the remaining themes from off a SAM Linux CD that I have to the directory where the rest of them are, but I still get only the three "Clearlooks" themes to display properly.  Any time I try to select another, I'm still stuck with only the last-selected Clearlooks theme.

Obviously there's something I'm missing here, but I have no idea what it is.  Can someone help me with this?

Thanx in advance,
Fred in St. Louis

Have you heard that Microsoft bought Hoover vacuum?  This means that Microsoft finally has a product that doesn't suck!

#2 2007-11-27 18:24:44

crimesaucer

Re: Only 3 themes working -- how do I get the rest to work?

fredbird67 wrote:

Hopefully someone who's an Xfce expert can help me with this one.

On my computer, I'm running PCLinuxOS, which uses KDE for its default desktop.  However, about 2 months ago, I downloaded the Xfce desktop for whenever I'm in the mood for it (I like both KDE and Xfce really well, but I've never really cared for GNOME).  It works pretty well, and VERY FAST!

However, there's one thing about Xfce on my PCLinuxOS box that's pretty annoying:  The only themes I can get to display are the "Clearlooks" ones.  I also copied the remaining themes from off a SAM Linux CD that I have to the directory where the rest of them are, but I still get only the three "Clearlooks" themes to display properly.  Any time I try to select another, I'm still stuck with only the last-selected Clearlooks theme.

Obviously there's something I'm missing here, but I have no idea what it is.  Can someone help me with this?

Thanx in advance,
Fred in St. Louis

You should check to see if you have the proper xfce4 "gtk-engine" installed:

On Archlinux, the package is called "gtk-xfce-engine 2.4.1-2". (current package number)

On xubuntu, the package is called "gtk2-engines-xfce".

... I'm sure there is a similar package offered in your PCLinuxOS, and it probably will have more xfce4 themes included.

#3 2007-12-26 03:05:39

stonecrest

Re: Only 3 themes working -- how do I get the rest to work?

You should also check that you don't have a ~/.gtkrc-2.0 file that is overriding your selected theme.

Board footer