Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-08-06 18:38:00

Mr. Swillis

[Solved] Transparent Screensaver

Hello,

I ran xfce a while back on Debian Testing and at one point ended up with a cool effect where the screensaver was semi transparent. I have since switched over to Arch and running xfce once again as my desktop. This time around, the screensaver is normal by default, and I was wondering if anyone knows how to make it transparent. It's really not that big of a deal, but it was something I just thought was cool at the time.

Thanks!

Swill

#2 2008-08-06 21:06:20

Mr. Swillis

Re: [Solved] Transparent Screensaver

Alright, I figured it out. I forgot to mention in the original post that I *did* have the compositor enabled before posting this. However, in order to get the transparent screensaver, you have to have "Display full screen overlay..." unchecked and the transparency level is controlled with the very bottom one labled "Opacity of popup windows".

The main flaw with this, however, is that all fullscreen apps will now be transparent. I found this out when running rdesktop in fullscreen (which I actually though was kinda cool). Anyway, sorry for the low priority post, but I hope this helps anyone else who runs into such an issue.

Thanks!

Swill

#3 2009-08-19 20:47:16

KoKuToru

Yeah transparent Screensaver is really cool tongue
But i think this deactivated "Display full screen overlay..." opetion

might make problems with fullscreen applications..
You also can't change the transparency very much, because of the popups (menu)

A option to change screensaver-transparency would be nice xD

#4 2009-11-19 23:43:52

Bredin

Isn't the screensaver supposed to HIDE whatever evil stuff you are doing on your computer?

#5 2009-11-21 18:07:43

Wapush

Yeah, and this is a potential privacy/security issue. But according to Bugzilla Xfce, it's fixed in Xfce 4.4.x and 4.6.x.

Board footer