Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-09-07 18:05:27

slumbergod

Missing CD Mounted icon in panel

Hi all,

for some reason my panel no longer shows an icon when a CD or DVD is mounted. Sure, I can get to it through the Places panel applet and in my Xfce settings I can find where to enable a desktop icon, but I just can't work out why the panel icon that used to show no longer shows. Can someone tell me which panel applet is resonsible for producing the mounted drive icon when a DVD is loaded.

Cheers

#2 2009-09-07 19:28:53

s0ulslack

Re: Missing CD Mounted icon in panel

Hrm, sounds like xfce4-volstatus-icon isn't running (or maybe was removed?).  Check to make sure its running.

#3 2009-09-07 22:44:09

slumbergod

Hi, xfce4-volstatus-icon was not installed. I installed it and started it up and it worked though it wasn't the applet that was there previously. volstatus acts very much like the mount devices applet I have. You made me realise that whatever was working somehow got removed when I uninstalled something else. I looked through Synaptic and found a CD/DVD applet that is very close to what I had except it doesn't also show mounted USB drives. I will keep looking until I find whatever applet it was.

Thanks for your help. If you have more suggestions about what it could be please post them but possibly the xubuntu guys might have a better idea of whichever one it is.

Cheers

#4 2009-09-08 01:41:24

s0ulslack

Dang, atleast it provides the same functionality smile xfce4-volstatus should also work for USB devices.  I'll post if I can think of any similar apps.

Board footer