Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-01-23 04:58:03

Xfce_User81

Installed Slim Login Manager and now mouse doesn't work...

I have installed my Slim Login Manager and now the mousepad doesn't want to work.  It worked well with xdm, but now no movement.  I can use the keyboard when in Xfce, but I am not a expert on the keystrokes.  I would greatly appreciate any advice on how to fix this.  thanks!

#2 2010-01-24 00:26:37

Xfce_User81

Re: Installed Slim Login Manager and now mouse doesn't work...

Nevermind.  Figured it out.

#3 2010-01-24 00:48:31

ManOfSteel

Could you share your solution? It might help others encountering the same problem.

#4 2010-01-24 01:52:18

Xfce_User81

I use FreeBSD 6.4.  In the handbook on the FreeBSD website, there is information on installing a display manager and whether to use a xsession file or an xinitrc file.  I decided to use Slim as a login manager so I wasn't sure whether to use an xsession or xinitrc.  To cut to the point make to sure to have these things correct before starting Slim and Xfce:

Use slim_enable="YES" in rc.conf file.  It seems that running a startup from ttys causes either getty or the terminal to respond over and over or something, but it was an issue, so I did not use ttys file.

Make sure to use xinitrc file with "exec startxfce4" or whatever the command is to start Xfce.  It seems that any other input in this file in regards to the exec part of Xfce, left me without a mouse.  I apparently used "exec /usr/local/bin/startxfce4" in my xinitrc file prior to changing the file, which was too much and wouldn't log into Xfce from Slim. 

That should cover just about all of it.  Hope this helps someone from hours of confusion and search and destroy.

Board footer