Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-03-19 21:38:34

vickoxy

How to add items to system tray/notification area?

Hi,

i noticed that there are many items that can be added to xfce noification area. So i wonder-can i add my xfce4-xkb-plugin? And where can i manage notification area setups?

Thanks

There should probably be the way-e.g how does skype/vlc and other apps placing themselves in notification area? So, i guess, i should just found solution to put keyboard applet also there...

#2 2010-03-20 06:55:12

s0ulslack

Re: How to add items to system tray/notification area?

The notification area is just for apps that, notifications.  You can how over add the xkb plugin to the panel, right click -> add new items and select it.

#3 2010-03-20 07:33:05

vickoxy

I know that (how to add keyboard layout to panel)-but i thought that-because the notification area has also active icons/apps (vlc, bluetooth...) it can be managed to add manually also keyboard plugin.
Just think there could be way. I found in home/.config/xfce4/panel/systray-12690415240.rc file that includes all apps opened in systray. So i added manually xfce4-xkb-plugin there, but of course-nothing.

So, if maybe someone knows how to add it...

#4 2010-03-23 07:44:37

fatcat

application has to have special code for systray. You can't add applications which do not support systray.
And if they support systray they usually are visible already. You can check application setup/parameters.
If that does not have systray options, you can't do it.

Board footer