Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-10-16 20:01:17

jgeboski

[Solved] Customization of "Xfce Menu"

I'm trying to change the button setup on the "Xfce Menu" panel object.  What I'd like to achieve is the button in the lower left of the this picture: http://gnome-look.org/CONTENT/content-pre1/106608-1.jpg  Just setting the icon of the button doesn't do the trick as it just puts the icon on a button.  I'm think there's some way to do this in the panel.rc (get included by gtkrc) file of the theme, I just don't know what to set.  I don't want to set it to all buttons, just the "Xfce Menu" button.

Information:

Thanks in advanced,
James

#2 2010-10-27 13:50:34

etnlWings

Re: [Solved] Customization of "Xfce Menu"

Can't be done. Theming of the panel is quite limited: *Xfce*Panel* and *Xfce*Panel*tasks* are the only window matches I've ever been able to get to reliably work and due to the panel buttons having no border relief (flat appearance), the buttons don't draw over the panel background unless highlighted/clicked. It might be possible with one of the myriad alt menu applets for Gnome, using the xfapplet plugin; something like mint menu.

#3 2010-10-27 14:29:10

jgeboski

Re: [Solved] Customization of "Xfce Menu"

I was afraid of that.  I suppose it could probably be done with a simple little plugin from the panel.  I had just thought there would be some way to do that.  Thanks for the info though.

Board footer