Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-09 16:14:37

mgushee

Dragging guides in GIMP disables mouse

Hello, all--

I am having a problem with GIMP under XFCE (tried this under OpenBox and Windowlab, and did not have the same problem). When I try to drag a guide from the ruler, no guide appears on the canvas, and GIMP and some other applications stop accepting mouse input ... I'm not entirely clear on the extent of the problem: the mouse stops working entirely within GIMP, and I can't bring up a root menu on the desktop either. On the other hand, the mouse works normally within Firefox, and I can still perform window manager operations (including dragging, resizing, and closing) using the title bar and borders of GIMP windows. An additional twist is that GIMP still accepts keyboard input, so for example I can display the Layers dialog with Control+L ... but when I do that, it becomes impossible to drag GIMP windows on the screen, and I can no longer type commands in a [XFCE] virtual terminal--though Firefox is still unaffected.

My XFCE version is mainly 4.6.2--that covers most Xfce components, including xfwm4, xfce4-session, xfce4-panel, xfce-utils, xfdesktop, and libxfce4util. libxfcegui4 is version 4.6.4. I am running Arch Linux i686, last upgraded 12/11/2010.

Thanks in advance for any insights!

#2 2011-01-24 12:02:05

aiffel

Re: Dragging guides in GIMP disables mouse

Hello mgushee,
I tried to find some info about this problem and your complain is what I found. I want to tell you that this is not problem of XFCE because I am using gnome and have the same problem.  May you please send me package list of your system, output of uname -a ?

Rgds,

Petr

#3 2011-01-25 16:02:39

aiffel

what I know now is that this problem is not version dependent

#4 2011-05-12 04:19:16

johnk

I'm having this problem as well.  I get these warnings from GIMP, but these are around startup time, not when I start dragging a guide.  Also, you can regain mouse control by minimizing the window (click on the button in the window list) and then restoring it.

(gimp:8414): GLib-WARNING **: /build/buildd/glib2.0-2.28.6/./glib/goption.c:2132: ignoring no-arg, optional-arg or filename flags (8) on option of type 0

(gimp:8414): IBUS-WARNING **: Connect to unix:abstract=/tmp/dbus-FysiiZsRux,guid=e9e1fe7e86a6331bf4e291304c5fadfd failed: Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-FysiiZsRux: Connection refused.

(gimp:8414): Gimp-Widgets-WARNING **: gimp_dialog_factory_dispose: stale non-toplevel entries in factory->open_dialogs

#5 2012-02-20 12:08:01

rockford

The problem comes from xscreensaver. Kill it and gimp works like expected.

Board footer