Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-03-25 12:00:37

jackiemcghee

Hullo

Hi all,
I'm fairly new to XFCE - I've tried it in the past but it's only recently that I've been able to get into it properly. (Coincidentally, I could say the same for KDE, but as much as I like where KDE 4 is going, I don't like the look of QT widgets.)

I've been using Linux full time for about 7 or 8 years and have been pretty much a GNOME guy from the start but what has attracted me to XFCE is Ubuntu - or more specifically, their move to Unity. I've tried lots of distros but I stick with the *buntus because I'm at the stage where I can't really be bothered with things that don't work first time or are a hassle when it comes to non-free drivers.

So, I sought refuge in XFCE while GNOME3 has it's early wrinkles ironed out, but now I'm using it, I can see it being my DE of choice for the foreseeable future.

And so, I find myself here. I hope to contribute to the project in any way that my skills and my time allow.

Cheers.

Last edited by jackiemcghee (2011-03-25 12:00:59)

#2 2011-03-25 17:17:55

SantaFe

Re: Hullo

Welcome to Xfce-land!  I've got KDE 4.6.1 & Xfce 4.8 installed, and find I'm mostly always in Xfce. wink

Have fun in the forums!

bah weep grana weep ninny bon. big_smile

Board footer