Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-04-10 15:29:53

Kasumi_Ninja

Missing Crossover/ Wine menu entries

I installed Xfce4 4.6 in Debian and I'm missing Crossover/Wine Xfce Menu entries. these do appear in Gnome, KDE and Lxde. Is this a known problem and is there a solution?

Last edited by Kasumi_Ninja (2011-04-10 15:30:05)

#2 2011-04-10 21:08:33

Nick
Dev
Website

Re: Missing Crossover/ Wine menu entries

Not that I know, could you paste the content of the .desktop file. Might work better with Xfce 4.8, since that has a new and improved menu library.

#3 2011-04-11 05:15:42

Kasumi_Ninja

Do you mean these?

cat .menu/cxmenu-cxgames-0

?package(local.cxgames): charset="utf8" needs="x11" section="/CrossOver Games" title="Install Windows Software" command="/usr/local/games/cxgames/bin/cxinstaller" icon="/usr/local/games/cxgames/share/icons/crossover.xpm"
?package(local.cxgames): charset="utf8" needs="x11" section="/CrossOver Games" title="Manage Bottles" command="/usr/local/games/cxgames/bin/cxsetup" icon="/usr/local/games/cxgames/share/icons/crossover.xpm"
?package(local.cxgames): charset="utf8" needs="x11" section="/CrossOver Games" title="User Documentation" command="/usr/local/games/cxgames/bin/launchurl file:///usr/local/games/cxgames/doc/en/index.html" icon="/usr/local/games/cxgames/share/icons/cxdoc.xpm"
?package(local.cxgames): charset="utf8" needs="x11" section="/CrossOver Games" title="Terminate Windows Applications" command="/usr/local/games/cxgames/bin/cxreset" icon="/usr/local/games/cxgames/share/icons/cxreset.xpm"
?package(local.cxgames): charset="utf8" needs="x11" section="/CrossOver Games" title="Preferences" command="/usr/local/games/cxgames/bin/cxprefs" icon="/usr/local/games/cxgames/share/icons/crossover.xpm"
?package(local.cxgames): charset="utf8" needs="x11" section="/CrossOver Games" title="Run a Windows Command" command="/usr/local/games/cxgames/bin/cxrun" icon="/usr/local/games/cxgames/share/icons/cxrun.xpm"
?package(local.cxgames): charset="utf8" needs="x11" section="/CrossOver Games" title="Uninstall" longtitle="Uninstall CrossOver" command="/usr/local/games/cxgames/bin/cxuninstall" icon="/usr/local/games/cxgames/share/icons/cxuninstall.xpm"

#4 2011-04-16 16:53:34

Nick
Dev
Website

No *.desktop files. However in garcon 0.1.7 a change is made in the default menu file that allows 3rd parties to merge their own menu data, might be the actual problem here.

#5 2011-04-17 14:24:32

etnlWings

Crossover/Wine should create launchers in ~/.local/share/applications. It has a tendency to recreate the Windows start menu hierarchy in doing so, so they might be in sub directories.

Back when I still used Wine, I found that I had to create a file ~/.local/share/desktop-directories/wine-wine.directory, containing the following:

[Desktop Entry]
Type=Directory
Name=Wine
Icon=wine

Also had to add:

<Menu>
        <Name>Wine</Name>
        <Directory>wine-wine.directory</Directory>
        <Include>
            <Category>Wine</Category>
            <Category>Wine-Programs-Accessories</Category>
        </Include>
    </Menu>

within the top level <Menu> tags (ideally with the other categories), to ~/.config/menus/xfce-applications.menu

That said, I thought that by default, all launchers belonging to non-existent categories ended up in the, "Other", category. My Xfce 4.6 default menu in /etc/xdg/menus/xfce-applications.menu contains:

<Menu>
        <Name>Other</Name>
        <Directory>xfce-other.directory</Directory>
        <OnlyUnallocated/>
        <Include>
            <All/>
        </Include>
    </Menu>

At the bottom, after all the other defined categories, to soak up any detritus.

Board footer