Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-10-16 19:40:56

hwttdz
Website

Mixer Applet only has "master channel" and does not respect balance

First, hello all. I've just switched from using the gnome desktop namely because it was becoming less customizable, and I'm pretty happy with xfce thus far.  There are only a few more niggles to iron before it's working just the way I want it to.  Now on to the question.

I have the mixer applet in my panel and I find it very convenient to adjust the volume by mouse wheeling over the icon.  However, when I do so the balance adjustments of the various channels are cleared and they are all set to the same volume.  Also, I have 5.1 selected as my sound, but when I attempt to "select controls" in xfce4-mixer the only option is "master".  Is there a way to get all my channels separate and then have a single master channel which is multiplied by my balanced channels to determine final channel output?  I'll eventually investigate using pulseaudio commands to set this up, but probably not at the moment.

#2 2011-10-17 14:26:32

stqn

Re: Mixer Applet only has "master channel" and does not respect balance

I don't use 5.1 output, nor PulseAudio (I use ALSA), but here I set different left-right volumes on the "Front" channel, while mouse-wheeling over the icon controls the PCM output. The balance isn't reset when I change the volume.

#3 2011-11-12 20:21:54

hwttdz
Website

Re: Mixer Applet only has "master channel" and does not respect balance

Any suggestions for how I can add the "pcm" or "front" control to the xfce4-mixer gui?

Board footer