Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-03-28 15:13:06

Fock

Login Manager with xfce

Hello there !

I recently installed a Debian, and I decided to try xfce. I made a mistake and installed Squeeze instead of Wheezy, but I found a very interesting option to change the login manager's theme.
Since I reinstalled Debian to have my Wheezy, I can't find this option anymore ! (it changed from xfce 4.6 to 4.8)

So I tried to customize the login manager, but I can't find any theme for lightdm, and except the background there is nothing to custom. I also tried slim, but there are no mouse, nor user list.
Moreover, there is no package for lxdm, and I don't want to bring half of gnome/kde for gdm/kdm.

Where can I find a good login manager with themes ? Why this option disappeared ?

Thanks for your help and sorry for my english, I'm french.

#2 2012-03-29 07:26:52

jeromeg
Website

Re: Login Manager with xfce

Hello,

lightdm isn't developed and supported by the Xfce developers, to get help on this software you should head to http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/lightdm or https://launchpad.net/lightdm.

Cheers,

Jérôme

#3 2012-03-29 13:47:51

lifeinthegrey

Re: Login Manager with xfce

@jeromeg - if i am out of line responding to the question, i apologize, just want to help this guy out.

i too use Wheezy + XFCE with lightdm, and you can modify the color scheme, font, antialias settings, etc. for light dm easily.

sudo mousepad /etc/lightdm/lightdm-gtk-greeter.conf

just make sur eyou know the name of the theme / font you want to use exactly, otherwise it will revert back to the system default theme. example:

[greeter]
background=/home/user/Pictures/background.jpg
#show-language-selector=false
theme-name=Mist
font-name=URW Gothic L 11
xft-antialias=true
#xft-dpi=
xft-hintstyle=hintmedium
xft-rgba=rgb

Last edited by lifeinthegrey (2012-03-29 13:48:27)

oh, you want eXtremely Fast Computing? thats Easy ...

Board footer