Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-04-26 07:50:12

agostonbejo

Restoring the status of KDE applications?

Hi!

I find it great that Xfce has a session manager, but I have one problem with it. I am a convert from KDE and I'm very attached to a few KDE applications.

The problem is that even if I check "Automatically save session on logout" in the "Session and Startup" settings ( + Launch GNOME+KDE serices on startup, just to be sure), my KDE applications will forget which windows were open, etc.

I can do with Xfce's console application instead of Konsole, but I haven't found a nice replacement for KWrite (opening all the documents again upon every restart under KDE), since Mousepad's session is not restored properly on the next startup either. (And it would also be good to restore Krusader's tabs, position, etc., too.)

Does anyone know of any way that I can make the session manager remember the status of my KDE applications? (Or save them and restore them in any way at all while in Xfce?)

I did try with something like "dbus-send --dest=org.kde.ksmserver /KSMServer org.kde.KSMServerInterface.saveCurrentSession", but I couldn't find out how to restore the session after that or if the KDE session was saved by that at all.

Xfce: Xfce 4 Desktop Environment / version 4.7.0 (Xfce 4.6)
KDE: KDE 4.4.4 (Release 3)

Thanks,
Agoston

Board footer