Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-07-02 21:54:03

lassehp

Window Buttons menu - window titles are truncated, how to change this?

I have just installed Xubuntu on a new ThinkPad, having used Xfce for many years on NetBSD before. On my old NetBSD machine I have Xfce 4.6.1, the new machine has Xfce 4.8.

I have observed a few small, but still somewhat annoying problems during the two days I so far have been using 4.8. One I could solve by changing the theme, although this is not quite satisfactory.

The other problem I have is a little more annoying, as I have not found any workaround. I use the Window buttons menu all the time, and I have many windows open. To disinguish Terminal windows for example, I have a cd function in my shell to set the window title to something containing the path. On 4.6, the menu items could be quite long without any problems. However on 4.8, it seems the menu items are truncated quite drastically. This means that with long paths, I can't always see which window is which. Same goes for Firefox windows. I would much rather have the full window titles in the menu. Is this possible to achieve, perhaps by changing a setting somewhere?

/Lasse

Board footer