Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-09-19 16:36:20

propsan

Twick xfce4 for tocuhscreen monitors

Edit desktop under. Do for touchstsreen.
Tell me how to make a close button, change the size to large or to separate hanging permanently on the desktop to be opened and closed to any active window.

+ How to make so that the windows do not climb over the border of the desktop and always open in full screen?
thanks

#2 2012-09-19 16:53:32

secipolla

Re: Twick xfce4 for tocuhscreen monitors

For the title bar buttons I think you need to make an xfwm4 theme. It needs images and a theme.rc file.
You can find examples inside the theme folders in /usr/share/themes but you could also look at xfce-look.org if there are xfwm4 themes that have a thick title bar.
https://encrypted.google.com/search?hl= … s_l=&pbx=1

If you open the windows maximized they won't climb over the border. But you can prevent that too in Settings>Window Manager>Advanced and uncheck the 'Wrap workspaces' boxes.
If you use an app like devilspie you can set individual apps to open maximized by default but I think that if when you close an app it's maximized then next time it will open maximized.
There are other ways to do it too, maybe more of a general setting which is what you would want. But I don't know right now.

#3 2012-09-19 17:13:31

propsan

Thank you for your prompt and detailed response.
Try all that advised.

#4 2016-06-12 12:17:04

xjesus
Website

I've created a personalized Xubuntu called XJUbunTAB that makes XFCE touch friendly and HiDPI-friendly as well. Please try it and let me know your suggestions.
I've used TouchEgg and only problem I have is when I run touchegg I can't click on close/maximize/minimize buttons of the windows...

Board footer