Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-12-08 06:18:12

nhkim1987

Display Flickers

Hello...

I've been having a little difficulty with the xfce desktop and was hoping to get some help here. I've searched and could not find a similar problem, so I apologize if this is a repeated topic.

I have a Thinkpad x230 and recently ran Xubuntu on it. Everything seemed fine, but I noticed that when there are movement on the screen (for example, a video, or a window being dragged across screen) there would be these wavy flickers where the movement was. It's hard to describe, but it's as if the screen output is not keeping up with the movement so it leaves a "trail." It looks like lines are being cut into the window or video or whatever.

I believe this is an xfce specific problem because I tested Windows 8, Ubuntu, Fedora, and they all work. More notably, I've tried running Fedora Spin (xfce), and I got the same problem. Similary, when I ran Cinnamon and Gnome Classic on Xubuntu, the display issues were gone.

Of course I could just use another DE, but I'm really fond of xfce and would like to resolve the issue. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Board footer