Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-03-03 10:18:53

Fallon911

[Question]How to tweak XFCE Settings to like in Xubuntu

I recently installed Xubuntu on a (very) old laptop for a friend, as windows XP was just too heavy and slow on it. I saw some cool tweaks of XFCE on it, I particularly liked the settings manager and colour schemes (no trouble settings up the colour schemes though).

Anyway, I'm using Arch Linux (a newish install, since I bricked my old one) and would like to know how to have a settings app (instead of everything in the menu) like featured in Xubuntu.

Thanks for reading, smile

#2 2013-03-03 17:07:42

Fallon911

Re: [Question]How to tweak XFCE Settings to like in Xubuntu

Oohh, I feel like an idiot. There all ready is a settings manager installed, hidden. Now I can move that to top of menu, and remove other entries.

Edit: Wait, I'm stuck actually, how do I get the xfce4-settings-manager to be a button instead of a menu.

Also, funny story, how do I restore the menu settings back to default (without the menu settings, as I removed that). Possibly via the command line?

Edit 2: OK, I think I'm good on the restoration option, I luckily had a backup, and after chmoding it, and waiting a minute(why?) it works fine. Now I just need to figure out how to get a button instead of menu smile

Last edited by Fallon911 (2013-03-03 17:46:42)

Board footer