Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-01-03 16:24:39

majestyx
Website

[Solved] nm-connection - VPN setup ERROR: Memory access error

Hello

I use XFCE 4.10 on Jessi (Linux kiste 3.11-2-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.11.10-1 (2013-12-04) x86_64 GNU/Linux)

I will (re) configure my VPN. i have install. via Synaptic OpenVPN and the nm-vpn-gnome extension. If i open nm-connection-editor ( no sudo and/or root) via bash, i get the msg:

** (nm-connection-editor:3318): WARNING **: Couldn't register with accessibility bus: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

I click on Add, i will import my OpenVPN *.conf file and nm-connection-editor goes to "fucked up" ...
Bash tells me: Memory access error

-rw-r--r-- 1 user user = my *.conf <- files permissions

what can i do? to get my (Open)VPN back?

“The internet is a reflection of our society and that mirror is going to be reflecting what we see.
If we do not like what we see in that mirror the problem is not to fix the mirror, we have to fix society.” Vint Cerf

#2 2014-01-03 19:36:20

ToZ
Administrator

Re: [Solved] nm-connection - VPN setup ERROR: Memory access error

Although you are using Xfce, neither OpenVPN nor the nm-vpn-gnome extension are a part of Xfce. You may have more luck posting on the Debian forums or in the component-specific forums/support channels.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2014-01-04 09:31:54

majestyx
Website

Re: [Solved] nm-connection - VPN setup ERROR: Memory access error

"Moin" ToZ

Thanks 4 your Answer and a Happy GNU_Year! ( at all))

“The internet is a reflection of our society and that mirror is going to be reflecting what we see.
If we do not like what we see in that mirror the problem is not to fix the mirror, we have to fix society.” Vint Cerf

Board footer