Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-03-12 20:33:42

dollyp

[Solved] Thunar -Getting the menubar back

This must sound completely stupid, but I was checking out the view options and mistakenly chose to remove the menubar. It is, after all, an option. So now I can't find anywhere to click that will allow me to get the menubar back!

David

Mint16 Xfce

Linux Mint 17 Xfce
Lenovo IdeaPad U410

#2 2014-03-12 21:57:41

ToZ
Administrator

Re: [Solved] Thunar -Getting the menubar back

Try Ctrl+M.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2014-03-13 05:09:51

MountainDewManiac

Lol. Yeah, that's it.

No, dollyp, I'm not laughing at you; I'm laughing at the fact that it clearly shows in the menu that Ctrl-M is the keyboard command to get the menu back - but the user has no way of seeing that unless es can already access the menu.

In some applications, when the user has made something disappear, pressing the Esc(ape) key will get it back; in other apps, when the menu is not visible, holding the Alt key and pressing the other key for the combination for one of the sub-menus (IOW, pressing Alt-F for the File menu) causes the menu to appear. But in Thunar, neither works. IDK if there are enough people who find themselves in your situation to make it worth suggesting something along those lines to the developer of that app or not.

Regards,
MDM

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

#4 2014-03-13 09:51:25

dollyp

ToZ wrote:

Try Ctrl+M.

Many thanks

Linux Mint 17 Xfce
Lenovo IdeaPad U410

#5 2014-05-06 00:56:20

pplantinga

I definitely had this issue as well. I was just seeing what various options did, and couldn't get the menu back after selecting this one. Easy to look up a solution, but annoying that I had to.

Board footer