Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-06-24 21:07:08

Joe B.

Thanks

Thanks to all the developers and maintainers for compact, yet highly functional and configurable, window manager.
I've waffled between gnome and kde in the past depending on which actually worked in the latest distro I installed.
I totally abandoned gnome then they turned into a MeSsy Windows clone wannabe. Then abandoned KDE when
an upgrade broke it for the umpteenth time 2-3 years ago. Tried a few light wm's but they lacked a lot of function. I found Xfce and haven't looked back.

#2 2014-06-24 21:49:32

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Thanks

+1.

I know that sometimes support for a DE can subjective and can be almost religious in nature, but ultimately, at the end of the day, a DE has to be something that you enjoy using that meets your needs. For me as well, this is Xfce. I especially like how they Devs don't try to be everything to everyone and that they follow a slow and steady pace abiding to their principles of being fast and light yet visually appealing and user friendly.

To each his own, I guess.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2014-06-28 20:48:18

gxagar

Re: Thanks

XFCE is indeed a good find.  My first requirement for a DE is to stay out of my way and let me run my apps, unless I invite you in.  All other positives mentioned by Joe B. and ToZ get a +1 from me.  I had the same experiences as Joe B. with Gnome after it became 3, KDE before it was 4, and all the light WMs continuously.  XFCE is the perfect balance in DE World and the one for me.  Welcome Joe B.

Linuxers Live by a CODE!

Board footer