Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-11-04 11:29:40

Ailurus

Selecting inactive window by clicking through semi-transparent window

Is it possible to select an inactive window that's behind a semi-transparent window (i.e. it is still visible)? As example, consider the following setting. Small inactive window (music player) in the background, on top of that a full-screen inactive window (internet browser) and on top of that an active small window (terminal). Inactive windows are semi-transparent on my system, so the music player is still visible since it's behind the semi-transparent browser window (provided the terminal doesn't completely overlap it of course). It would be very useful if I could select the music player by clicking *through* the browser window in some way.

Last edited by Ailurus (2014-11-04 11:32:04)

#2 2014-11-04 12:07:22

Jerry3904

Re: Selecting inactive window by clicking through semi-transparent window

I use Alt-Tab to do this, but don't know of a way to do it with a mouse except clicking on the window.

MX-23 (based on Debian Stable) with our flagship Xfce 4.18.

#3 2014-11-05 14:16:53

Ailurus

Re: Selecting inactive window by clicking through semi-transparent window

Jerry3904 wrote:

I use Alt-Tab to do this

Yes, I use Alt + Tab as well (I actually don't have the "Window Buttons" item in my panel), but in some cases it could be faster to select a certain window directly. In addition, this would be a really nice feature of using semi-transparent (inactive) windows smile

Board footer