Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-03-30 19:44:35

cpc

[Solved] documentation on xfce4-perchannel properties and values

Is there any documentation on what the per channel properties / values meanings or brief descriptions are, particularly all the channels in the settings editor?
Thx in advance

Last edited by cpc (2015-03-30 19:45:21)

#2 2015-03-30 22:59:19

ToZ
Administrator

Re: [Solved] documentation on xfce4-perchannel properties and values

Unfortunately, I don't know of any centralized source of information that describes what each of those settings are. The majority of them are configuration settings that can also be set via the Settings Manager and app-specific configuration tools. Some are "hidden" options that are documented in the associated readme files for each component.

If there any in particular that you are interested in, let us know and we'll do our best to identify them for you.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2015-03-31 12:48:56

cpc

OK Thx
I see that xfconf-query -p -c gives a few words description on what's registered in xconf db
I'll group my question per channel/panel plugin

#4 2015-03-31 17:08:33

ToZ
Administrator

You can also run:

xfconf-query -c CHANNEL -m

...where CHANNEL is one of the xfconf channels (eg. xfce4-panel, xfwm4, xfce4-desktop) and then change settings in the settings manager to see which xfconf settings are changed.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#5 2015-04-01 16:03:10

eric_the_idiot

For xfdesktop it is listed/documented here: http://git.xfce.org/xfce/xfdesktop/tree … DME.xfconf with some additional notes here: http://docs.xfce.org/xfce/xfdesktop/adv … nf_options
If I get time and remember, I may try to do the same for other components I'm familiar with...

Board footer